Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where There's A Will..

The willingness to do something creates the ability to do it. If you are willing enough to get something done, it will get done. Don't spend too much time worrying about how it will be done. You'll find a way if you're willing.

Your willingness can summon enormous resources within yourself and without, to bring about what you want.

So how do you create this powerful desire within yourself?

By knowing WHY. When you truly understand WHY you want something, you'll have the willingness required to get it. And if you can't find a WHY, then you really don't want it in the first place.

You can use willingness to turn around any negative, limiting thoughts that might creep into your mind. Just add the phrase "but I'm willing to" and you instantly turn a negative into a positive, like this:

I'm really not comfortable making sales calls...
...but I'm willing to give it my best shot.

I don't know how to do this...
...but I'm willing to learn.

I'm discouraged that I lost the business...
...but I'm willing to keep on trying until I succeed.

Be willing to do whatever it takes to succeed, and you will.

-Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment